Since 2007, Cornerstone has worked among 9 different people groups of Northern Kenya, who had little to no access to learn about Jesus. God is at work in Northern Kenya and more people are learning about Jesus and deciding to follow Him. Churches are starting, growing and reaching out to their communities.
Our Investment in Kenya
Cornerstone has invested in different areas of Northern Kenya by:
- Praying faithfully
- Supporting missionaries in the region
- Having direct partnerships with local churches and schools
- Partnering with World Relief for community transformation and development, specifically in Turkana
- Funding bible translation
- Inspiring and funding numerous clean water initiatives
- Providing Gospel-sharing tools like solar-powered audio Bibles, Jesus Films and Audio Bibles via Micro-SD Cards.
- Church planting
- Visiting with partners in their villages
- Leading teaching conferences
- Providing Veterinary Clinics, Health Clinics and Eyecare Clinics
More Information / FAQ
Praying for the communities and missionaries in Northern Kenya is the most powerful thing you can do. You can also pray for teams that travel to Northern Kenya. Give financially to Cornerstone Church for Kenya. Apply to be on a GO Team that will travel to the area.
World Relief empowers the local church to reach the most vulnerable. Cornerstone has been in partnership with World Relief since 2015 working with the Turkana people to help in lasting change. Cornerstone partners with the holistic community development work in Turkana North through clean water initiatives, child and maternal health, livestock breeding, savings for life training, community garden training and providing gospel sharing tools.
Cornerstone prayerfully and financially supports missionaries working in Northern Kenya, through Africa Inland Mission or Africa Inland Church. Eddie and Rachel Andersen serve in Dukana. Edgy and Solange Silva, are from Brazil and serve in the Hurri Hills. David Gargule serves as an outreach pastor in Korr the village where he was born and raised.
If you sense God leading you to travel to Northern Kenya, the first step is to fill out an online application which includes an application fee that is used toward the trip. The second step is a conversation with the team leader, who determines which individuals will travel. Once the GO Team participants are determined, preparation meetings begin.
- Commit to participate in pre and post-trip meetings. Cornerstone sees participation on a GO Team to be part of one’s discipleship journey. The preparation and follow up after the travel are integral parts of one’s discipleship. The trip itself is a fraction of the experience.
- Regular attendance in worship and serving with Cornerstone Church
- Praying faithfully for the team, and the area where the team will go
- Funding the trip costs by inviting others to give toward the trip
- Sharing your experience with others after you return