Care & Prayer
We all have defining moments in our lives when we experience of celebration, difficulty, or suffering. To care for you and help you move forward, Care and Prayer’s network of ministries provide emotional and practical resources: peer groups, varied one-to-one support (like calls, visits, meals or cards), counseling and Stephen Ministry referrals, and prayer. Along with faith in Christ, it is helpful to identify the circumstances underneath emotions and presenting behaviors (like grief, anger, or addiction) that may keep us isolated, stuck, or hopeless.
“…We know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
Additional Information / FAQ
- Call 911 or go to an emergency room.
- Call National Suicide Prevention Line at 800.273.8255.
- Call or email Karen Baker (see below) to help sort through options in a brief, confidential referral.
- Go to our Care Pros page to find what resources are available.
- Call the church office or email Mara Marsman to help match you with a Stephen Minister.
- Grace Alliance offers tools to cope with anxiety and depression through blogs or products like the Thrive Workbook.
- Find counseling resources on our Care Pros page.
- We offer Living Grace: Anxiety and Depression, a Care Group offering practical information and peer support for those with symptoms.
Questions? Not Sure Where to Start?
Sometimes it can be helpful to talk to someone confidentially about the situation you are facing. Please contact the church office, email Karen Baker or call her at 616.698.3170 ext.1009 for assistance.